New national restrictions come into force on 5th November and the Government has published a range of guidance to help individuals and businesses to understand what the new measures mean for them.
The central purpose of the measures is to reduce our day-to-day contact with other people, thereby reducing the spread of the infection. That is why, from Thursday 5 November until Wednesday 2 December, you must:
- Stay at home, except for specific purposes.
- Avoid meeting people you do not live with, except for specific purposes.
- Close certain businesses and venues.
People must also remember ‘Hands. Face. Space.’:
- hands – wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds
- face – wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult, and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet
- space – stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing face coverings or increasing ventilation indoors)
Full guidance can be found below:
- Information on the new national restrictions, including what they mean for working from home and business closures, why they are being introduced and the financial support available, can be found here.
- Guidance for households with a possible or confirmed coronavirus infection can be found here.
- Guidance on shielding and protecting people who are clinically extremely vulnerable from COVID-19 can be found here.